LEADER funding availability for Longford Projects. Under the Environment Theme – Protection and Sustainable Use of Water Resources of the Transitional LEADER programme is targeting in particular innovative projects and projects which seek to address the climate change agenda.
Interested in applying for LEADER funding? – from https://lcrl.ie/leader/
First Step – Expression of Interest
- If you have a project idea, the first step is to complete an Expression of Interest (EOI) form outlining your project proposal and submit it to LCRL.
- You may arrange a pre-consultation meeting with a Project Development Officer prior to submitting your EOI.
- A decision as to the eligibility of your project will be made and if eligible your project will progress to application stage.
- For more information contact LCRL LEADER team at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a query using the online form.
Community Water Development Fund grants for 2021
were issued at the end of April. The fund was introduced four years ago to support communities and groups deliver projects that enhance the quality of local streams, rivers, lakes, and coastal areas.
For details of all the 2021 projects funded see: https://www.catchments.ie/community-water-development-fund-awards-grants-to-benefit-communities-and-their-local-water-catchments/
Five Longford projects were funded under this scheme including four of the current LCRL groups:
- Camlin Anglers (participating in LCRL Water training)
- Longford Tidy Towns
- Edgeworthstown District Development Ass (participating in LCRL Biodiversity training)
- Newtownforbes Tidy Towns (participating in LCRL Water training)
- Lough Ree Angling Club (participating in LCRL Water training)
Hopefully the communities can build on these projects further with Leader support.